The Japan Distilled Podcast
- Going Deep Inside the Pot Still (ep. 65)In episode 65 of the Japan Distilled podcast, we discuss something that is often overlooked in discussions of distilled spirits production. What’s happening inside the pot still?
- Denver Distillery Interview: makers of Kasutori Imo Shochu (ep. 64)INTRO In episode 64, Stephen takes the show on the road and interviews Chris Anderson-Tarver of Denver Distillery in Colorado. CREDITS Theme Song: Begin Anywhere by Tomoko Miyata (http://tomokomiyata.net/) Mixing and Editing: Rich Pav (https://www.uncannyrobotpodcast.com/) HOSTS CHRISTOPHER PELLEGRINI Vermont born and bred, long-time Tokyo resident and author of The Shochu Handbook, Christopher learned about delicious fermentations as a beer brewer at Otter Creek (Middlebury, VT). He now spends most of his waking hours convincing strangers that shochu and awamori are unlike anything they’ve ever tried before. STEPHEN LYMAN discovered Japan’s indigenous spirits at an izakaya in New York City. He … Read more
- Kanpai Planet visits Japan Distilled (ep. 63)In episode 63, Christopher Pellegrini takes the interviewer’s chair as he welcomes his friend and fellow Tokyo Swallows fan, Mac Salman of premier Japanese drinks youtube channel Kanpai Planet.
- Sanwa Shurui: the World’s Greatest Spirits Maker nobody’s ever heard of? (ep. 62)In episode 62, our hosts dive into our 2nd ever shochu distillery profile. This one for Sanwa Shurui, makers of iichiko shochu.
- Soba Shochu (ep. 61)In the 61st episode of the Japan Distilled podcast, at long last your hosts dive into soba shochu.