The Japan Distilled Podcast
- Sublime Satsuma Shochu (ep. 44)In episode 44, our hosts finish a 3 part series into the WTO Geographic Indications with a deep dive into Satsuma Shochu, the Bordeaux of the Japanese spirits world.
- Tiny Iki Shochu (ep. 43)In episode 43, our hosts continue a 3 part exploration into the WTO Geographic Indications for shochu made in Kyushu and surrounding islands. For this episode, we dive into Iki Shochu in particular.
- Elegant Kuma Shochu (Ep. 42)In episode 42, our hosts begin a 3 part exploration into the World Trade Organization Geographic Indications for shochu made in Kyushu and surrounding islands. For this episode, we dive into Kuma Shochu in particular.
- Yeast is a Beast (Ep. 41)In episode 41 of the Japan Distilled podcast, your hosts Christopher Pellegrini and Stephen Lyman roll up their sleeves and dive back into a very specific aspect of alcohol production: the absolute necessity of yeast.
- Silly Liquor Laws (ep. 40)In episode 40 of the Japan Distilled podcast, your hosts Christopher Pellegrini and Stephen Lyman tackle the scintillating topic of absolutely absurd liquor laws in the United States. While this episode is very US-focused, we promise the episode will be entertaining for listeners worldwide who may enjoy listening to a couple of Yanks poke fun at their countrymen.