The Japan Distilled Podcast
- Best Whiskies in the World? (Ep. 6)In this episode we explore how Japan’s best whiskies rose from obscurity to beat the best Scotch whiskies in the world in their own backyard.
- Revealing the Origins of Japanese Whisky (Ep. 5)In this first of a 3 part series, we tackle the origins of Japanese whisky from the samurai’s first taste to the collapse of the Japanese whisky industry in the wake of the bubble burst.
- The Unexpected World of Japanese Rum (Ep. 4)In this episode of the Japan Distilled podcast, your hosts Christopher Pellegrini and Stephen Lyman tackle an unexpected and under-appreciated Japanese spirit – rum. Japan has a more than 400-year history of commercial sugar cane production thanks to the semi-tropical regions of southern Japan and where there is sugar, there is rum.
- Discover Okinawan Awamori (Ep. 3)In the 3rd episode of the Japan Distilled podcast, we introduce you to the mysterious world of Okinawan awamori.
- Introducing Japanese Shochu (Ep. 2)In the 2nd episode of the Japan Distilled podcast, we introduce you to the wonderful world of Japanese shochu.